Monday, February 11, 2008

Life in Minnesota!

Let me first start out by saying, I had no idea we had a Norstad blog! I think some of my email goes to spam. The spam goes to the Inbox and the emails I want to read go to spam! I had mentioned to Nicole that I have a blog of my own: http://www.reidnet.org/ and that she should check it out. That is when she mentioned to me that Michelle created a Norstad family blog for Aunt Deb, f/k/a Auntie Debbie. :)

Are you, at least those that live in cold parts of the country, ready for spring to begin? I was ready weeks ago, but alas there seems to be no end in sight of this wonderful winter weather. I remember in August October I was sick of the humid, incandescent sun and frizzy hair days! I was sick of it and very much ready for winters arrival.

The first day I am in awe when I finally am able to see the small, white and puffy snowflakes make their way on to our grass. Of course, they do not stay there very long and the tempature is usually still in the 20's. I start getting excited that the holidays are fast approaching which means seeing family, friends and irritable holiday shoppers. Soon though, the holidays pass and we are stuck with icy roads, brown snow and the urge for more sun.

These last few weekends have made me think about a move, maybe to Florida. I really don't mind the elderly! The realization that we have been living the last few weeks with below zero temperatues and no end in sight really leaves a foul taste in my mouth. I now long for the humidity, tan skin, and yes, even the frizzy hair days! Of course, once that finally hits I will be hoping that winter is near! Thus is life.

Jason and I have tried to stay indoors as much as possible. Since we have Sampson, our three year old Beagle, we do have to venture outside occassionally for him to take care of his business. I felt so bad for him the other day. Yesterday morning I get up and take him outside. I was all bundled up because I knew it had to be very cold (well, Jason told me this). I get him on his leash (Sampson not Jason) and he is so excited to go outside. He loves the outdoors! I open the backdoor and he takes a step back, so I pull him out the door. We get out and he starts jumping down the steps and running to our backyard. I almost fall on the steps because they still have a little snow on them from the storm the night before. He does his business but instead of running back into the house as any sane dog would do, he starts to sniff around the yard and playing king of the hill. I just let him sniff around and before I know it, his legs are giving out on him. He falls face first into the snow pile, I scoop him up and into the house we go. He has done this before but only on very cold days. I must admit, it is pretty funny when you see it in action. We do have booties for him, but he lost one of them in the huge snow pile by our garage (when he was playing king of the hill). He also should be wearing his jacket, but he doesn't really like it.

That is it for now. I will try to post as often as possible and get some pictures up.

Lindsay (Norstad) Reid, adopted daughter of Jarle & Debra :)

Since Michelle included this, I will also. Jason and I have been married for a little under 4 years! Jason has lived in Saint Paul for 9 years (he comes from Iowa, I know...) I have lived in Saint Paul with Jason for 4 years, but we bought a new house three years ago. Jason works for the City of Saint Paul as the Webmaster/Systems Consultant. I work for Stier Law Offices, P.A. as their Paralegal.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wonderful post, Lindsay! It's fun to hear what you all are up to. Your dog story reminded me of when Quincy, our pug, used to go outside in the cold. His poor feet would get so cold he'd just fall over to his side and lie there! Looking forward to photos soon!

Matthew said...

This is supposed to be a blog page not a template for your novel. Come on, shorten it up a little. If I wanted a nap, I would have watched the CF dance team.