Dad, Mom, Nicole, Matthew, Kari, Aria, Dylan, Jason and I went to Wiederholt's to celebrate my birthday on the 25th and also to celebrate Matthew and Kari's engagement. Plus, it was the first time we met Aria and Dylan. They always have great fish Friday's so the food was excellent and they brought out a mini cake and sang Happy Birthday to me (I wish I would have taken a picture before we ate it all).
Matthew, Kari & Aria at Wiederholts:
Mom & Matthew at Wiederholts:
On the 26th Jason took me out to Heartland Restaurant in Saint Paul. It is a very contemporary restaurant. The menu actually changes daily! The chef/owner buys from local farmers. The reason the menu changes daily is because the menu is based off what was delivered to his restaurant that afternoon. There was an interview and the chef/owner said at noon on any given day a farmer can come to his restaurant and pull out a rabbit or a wild boar and then he comes up with a menu for that evening based on the wild boar or the rabbit etc. It was definitely a little different. I wish I would have taken the menu so I could tell you exactly what we had. Unfortunately the rabbit was all out by the time we got there :( lol We both had the Fauna tasting menu. It was a little bizzare, maybe a little too contemporary for us, but it was nice to try something new.
I did not get any pictures of me at Wiederholts, kind of hard to get pictures when I am always the one taking them. I also didn't bring my camera to Heartland, but you can check it out here: http://www.heartlandrestaurant.com/ if any of you are brave enough :)
Dad & Nicole at Wiederholts:

8 comments:
Happy birthday, Lindsay! And, yes, if you are wanting landscaping and home improvements for your birthday, then you have definitely hit mature status. Enjoy it!
Remember, if 40 is the new 30, and 30 is the new 20, I guess 26 is the new 16. Too bad you can't drink now! Glad your birthday was great!
Michelle
Thanks for posting your birthday pictures Lindsay, that's what the blog is for: keeping our ever growing family "in touch".
It sounds like you had a very blessed birthday surrounded by your family. Jason is just too good to you!!
I send you wishes for a blessed year and may it be productive to get your "mature to do" list done.
As for me, I just spend my time at the winery with friends!! It's so much more enjoyable than all that hard work!
Love you Linds.
OMG I hate that picture of me. I look kind of like Sid Haig!
Well..Who is Sid Haig??? Please tell me!! Loved all the pictures of your birthday party!! Happy birthday to you!! Love, Martha
Happy Birthday Dear Lindsay!!!! Love all the pictures of family at your celebration. Wiederholt's is always a good place to go and fill up!
Love, Bonnie (and Jim too)
hope you had a great birthday. have fun with the landscaping.
Hey Jason...no fair, you took your picture off the blog!!! :(
put it back up so we can see you!
Auntie Deb
Post a Comment