Saturday, January 3, 2009

Samantha

Some of you already know so I just wanted to let those who don't. On Thurs Jan 1st Samantha was complaining that her stomach hurt. It was hurting her for a couple of weeks but that day it was really hurting so I took her to the ER. They did a CT and found a mass on her ovarie. She was admitted that night and had surgery. The Dr talked to us before the surgery and told us that it was cancer. After surgery he told me that he had to do a total Hysterectomy and removed four liters of fluid from her stomach. He also noticed two tumors in her, one by her stomach and the other near her rectum. He did not remove either one. As of right now he does not know what type of cancer she has until the test results come back in a couple of day's. Today she had to have a blood transfusion due to low blood count. She is in St Vincent hospital room 813. Phone number to her room is 503-216-3813. I think she will be in there until Tues or Wed. Please keep her in your prayers. I will leave more updates on what is going on. Love you all

Kristi

No comments: