I know Deb has been keeping you all updated on Samantha and I thank her for that. When I get home from the hospital I am so exhausted. So I want to apologize for not updating. Sam is still throwing up which the Dr is almost certain it is from the tumor in her stomach. She was having a rough couple of day's. The feeding tube they put in her nose for the second time came out again because of her throwing up. The can not put one in her stomach until she heals more from the other surgery she had on Jan 1st so they are going to feed her through a IV which they call a TPN it is not the best way but she needs to get food in her some how. She has lost 20lbs in two weeks. They tried to do a MRI on her brain yesterday to make sure the cancer did not spread there but she was throwing up to much to do it but they did manage to get one done last night and the results came back with no cancer. They did a ct on her chest and found to blood clots by her lungs and they are giving her medicine to break that up. I can't remember the name but the nurse is going to print out that information. They are talking about starting chemo soon. The too types of drugs they are going to use are Camptosar and Cisplatin. I want to thank you all for your prayers. Also if you want go on google and look up wound vac. It is pretty neat how that works for wounds. Love to you all and I will keep updating.
Kristi
No comments:
Post a Comment