Friday, October 17, 2008

One down.....many to go!

Well- I got my first triathalon under my belt and I have to say it was pretty fun to do. I was shooting for 25 minutes to do it in and I came in at 23 minutes, so I was very happy with that time. My friends and I stayed at a hotel the night before because we had to be there by 6am and I am glad we did. our hotel room overlooked the transition area and routes of the race and we were able to go out and walk around to get a feel for where things were. It made the next morning much less chaotic and confusing. I am already planning on doing the next level up next year (200 meter swim, 6km bike ride and 2km run) and my two friends plan on doing it with me. the weather was perfect and we were glad we had to start so early because when the last group came in around noon it was hot hot hot.
Here are some pics of the event
Coming out of the transition area for the biking leg of the race

coming in to the finish at the end
Karen, Michelle and me after the race
Proud of there mommy- as I started the running leg of the race, the kids held out there hands for me to high five as I ran past.
The olympic pool the swim was held in
above is the transition area for the bikes. there were over 1000 bikes parked there so you had to be real sure you remembered where you put your bike

The kids became real antsy. so duey took them to a fountain next to the transition area to cool of and have some fun after the race.

It was a great day and one I plan on repeating. my day started off with a wake up text from duey that said "John paul john-wake up. WAKE UP!" (for those of you seinfield fans you are laughing now just as I did when I read the text).

5 comments:

Deb, Gregg 'n Scooby said...

Way to go Kelly!
Man, I wish I had that much energy. I am so very proud of you! Next we'll be hearing you've made the next olympic team!
Love you,
Auntie Deb

Michelle said...

Great job, Kelly! You are so motivating!

Martha said...

I loved all the pictures and we are so proud that you were able to do it for the breast cancer benefit!!! Love, Mom

Lindsay said...

And you were conscious when you hit the finish line? I would have been passed out after one event!! I envy you, so fit and in shape. I really wish I could be like that!!

Norstad Family Blog! said...

Very proud of you. I wish I was that full of energy.

Love
Aunt Kristi