Sunday, August 31, 2008

What's Up?

Well, here we are. Winter is almost over and we are starting to feel spring in the air. Not that winter was all that bad out here- but it will be nice to be on the beach without wearing a fleece jacket. And it's time to start getting my feet in tiptop shape for my flipflops. We are looking forward to summer mostly because we have had winter longer then most people on earth. We are coming to the end of our third winter in a row and cannot wait to have the hot weather to play in. Logan loves to hang at the beach and asks me just about every day "Mom, are we going to the beach today?" So summer will be filled with lots of beach days for us.
Logan is becoming quite the kid, he loves to be a pirate or superhero, but does so in a sweet way. I asked him the other day what his pirate sword was for and he said "you do this with it" then he hit it on the bench we were sitting on "you play music with it." His favorite song right now is "I kissed a girl" by katie Perry. don't know why, I am guessing its the beat.
Logan will be starting preschool in February and was accepted to the prechool of our choice, its our choice because it is right next to chesney's school, so it will be easy for drop offs. he is very excited to go but knows that he can't go until he "goes poo and wee in the toilet". now that he knows, lets see if we can make it happen.


Chesney wanted to do a "mixed up"day at home, so we did everything different. we all switched names, we had pizza and ice cream for breakfast- and chesney even ate it while sitting on the table and having her bowl on the chair
then pancakes for dinner.
I took this picture about 12 times and could not for the life of me get one with chesney's eyes open. and I can't figure out how to rotate.
My friend, Cindi and her kids came for a visit a few weeks ago from Tasmania. it was great showing her the city and her daughter and chesney loved to see each other and play again. Her 6 month old baby, Jamie, developed croup very suddenly one evening and we ended up taking him to the ER where they gave him some meds, which helped with his breathing and he was much better.

So the next day I took the three other kids to the zoo to give Jamie a quiet day to rest

A hike we did up to a lighthouse. The kids and I are heading down to Tas for a visit in October to see all our friends. can't wait.
I have been doing some running and have a 4km run coming up in september I plan on doing. Then in October I thought I would try my hand at a triathalon, so I will be training for that. It is a breast cancer charity race so it will be a fun race with not to much pressure- perfect for my first one.

I am also looking into going back to school-its about that time in my life to reevaluate my career and look into something else. One thing I have always regretted is not going into nursing- so I am going to go back to school and get my RN degree. wish me luck- I am actually looking forward to studying again.

I have gone on for way to long so I will leave you now- Love to you all- Kelly



2 comments:

Deb, Gregg 'n Scooby said...

Hi Kelly and gang!
So good to hear from you. That Chesney...what a thinker...mix up day--cute, cute! I do that a lot without even thinking about it...I think sometimes, that's just blonde...but it could be a "genes" thing; but Chesney openly talks about it as a fun thing to do!!
What fun pictures you share. It sounds like your life is full down under.
I admire your urge to run...I still walk but my plantar faschitis (sp) hinders that. I did sign up for the DuBar Dolls 5 K run/walk...I signed the entry form that I would be the one walking...too much fat to jiggle if I run--I could hurt someone!
Glad to hear you're going back to school...Nursing--wow! I think you'd be great at it...but I think you'd be terrific at teaching because your so creative and good with kids... or your own crafts, with a website, etc. Gregg's daughter does that and travels to craft shows in the US...
anyway..I've rambled enough.
We need to get more family involved or this blog will die out unfortunately...then how do we keep in touch?
Love to you all
Auntie Deb

Lindsay said...

Hi Kelly! Thanks for the update. Everyone seems to be going into Nursing, as am I! :) I have a few generals, such as biology that my other major didn't cover, so I started last week. I had my second class last night and would have rather gone home and watched t.v.!! I would really like to get into St. Kate's for their associates program, become a nurse and then get my BSN. Way too much work!!

Sure, it is starting to get warmer there and starting to get cooler here. The leaves are even changing in Saint Paul. I do love Fall though, much better than the humid days.

I will update, I promise. I have pictures of the RNC, fun times!!

Lindsay