Watching the practice
Kids w/Ragnor!Dawn, the kids and I went to Family Night at Mankato for training camp.
They had a little mini football camp for kids on one field and the Viking Cheerleaders held a little cheerleader camp on another field.
I took pix of Ryan during his youth camp and Dawn took pix of Sophie at the cheerleading camp (I don't have them so can't post them yet.) I'll get them from Dawn and post those too.
I took some pix of the kids with other Viking greats...Matt Blair, Chuck Foreman, Viktor (the big headed yellow mascot guy) and Ragnor--the good mascot!
Sophie said three times, "this is the best day ever!" so I think she had fun!
There was a lot to cram into 3 1/2 hours but it was worth it to see those kids so happy.
Games and autographs and youth mini camps and a Viking practice and ending with FireWorks! A good time was had by all.
The highlight was Dawn saying in front of Joey Browner, "hey kids, he looks like your dad!" ohmygosh, it was so funny, the look on Joey Browner's face was like "whaaaat".
I said, "now, Dawn don't be accusing anyone of anything." We clarified that yes, he does resemble their real father! and we had a good chuckle out of it!
After the Viking practice Thomas Tapeh that new Full Back from UM came out and signed autographs for kids...what a nice young fellow!
Ryan and Sophie got so many autographs that day.
Sophie got the cheereleaders autographs and they both got: Stu Voight, Mick Tingelhoff, Joey Browner, Viktor and Ragnor.
in additon, Ryan got Bob Lurtesma, Chuck Foreman, some Viking guy I don't know who and Thomas Tapeh.
I've put the link to the WalMart photo page below.
http://photos.walmart.com/home/t_=16806490;jsessionid=30539D275CAEDF10044C64A5D9D07AB3
let me know if this link doesn't work for you.
Love ya
Auntie Deb







4 comments:
How great is that! And what a nice memory to have for the kids!
how fun is that- I feel so out of it, I don't recognize any of the names of players. glad you had a great time. love kelly
So great for Ryan and Sophie!! Looks like a really fun time. I remember Bob Lurtsema..thats how old I am!! Love Martha
Wow! That would have been fun to go to! I remember when Samantha & Alyssa came for the summers, Deb would always take us to the most fun places! I think I went to Mall of America about 6 times the first summer it was built! Great memories!
Looks like Ryan & Sophie had a fun time.
Lindsay
Post a Comment